Australia's longest-running conference for OS X and iOS developers and designers, /dev/world/2016, returns to Melbourne for its ninth year! We've been working for years to build a community that also welcomes tinkerers, artists and scientists. Software isn't just about making money with in-app purchasescome and see a wider world. /dev/world/2016 workshops run on Monday, 29 August 2016, followed by the conference on Tuesday, 30 August 2016, and Wednesday, 31 August 2016.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Marc Edwards (Bjango) and Russell Ivanovic (Shifty Jelly): Building an entire iPhone app, live on stage!
- Paul Fenwick Dinner Keynote: The Future of Space Exploration: The next 400 years
- A little of column A, a little of column B
- Accessibility in the Land of Mac [The Good, The Bad, The Voice Over]
- Add some (augmented) reality to your app
- Advanced Patterns for Functional Reactive Programming in Swift
- Advanced Xcode: Configurations, Targets, and Schemes
- Apple and the Serpent: Writing native applications for Apple platforms in Python
- Architecturing with a Difference
- Automate Your Life with Fastlane
- Building apps like Lego. A practical guide for iOS developers and designers.
- Building Back-End for iOS and OS X Without Managing Servers
- Cocoa design patterns and principles
- Design 101 for programmers
- Designing engaging motivational apps
- Develop Swiftly: Useful libraries, tips and tricks for developing in Swift
- Developing Apps on iOS devices using Python
- Great apps take time
- I Have No Idea What I Am Doing: The Psychology of UX Design
- Integrating with Siri
- Keep Calm and Pew Pew Pew!
- Let our Powers Combine. Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! ...Apps?
- Native vs Hybrid: The Never-Ending Battle
- Planning Project Migrations to Swift
- Prototype and design App Store ready App in Interface Builder
- Size Classes or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love iOS 9 Split Screen
- Spec-tacular Design
- The Long Road To Finishing Short Projects: Producing Yourself
- The Power ⚡️ and Responsibility 😓 of Unicode Adoption ✨
- UI Automation tests suck*
- User Notifications in Depth
- Using C Libraries in Modern Apps
Workshops will run the day before the conference begins, on Monday, 29 August 2016, and are included with all tickets.
- Swift Test Driven Development (TDD)
- CloudKit JS
- A 10 Step Program For Great Tech Talks
The conference will be held at RMIT Swanston Academic Building in Melbourne.
/dev/world is run by the AUC. It is not an academic conference, and is designed for everyone working on iOS and Mac OS X software. Got questions? Feel free to email the organising team via devworld AT auc.edu.au or learn more about the AUC on our website.
/dev/world/2016 sponsors and supporters are highly valued members of the community, and the event would not be possible without them. Please note that our sponsors do not necessarily endorse each other. If you'd like to sponsor /dev/world/2016, or enquire about a future event, please email sponsorship AT auc.edu.au